German Society of Nursing Science
The German Society for Nursing Science is dedicated to the promotion and further development of nursing science in Germany. It was founded in 1989. In the interest of all scientific societies and in the context of social discussion, it serves as the mouthpiece for the field of nursing science. The commitment of its members and their work has contributed to the successful development of nursing science in Germany in a relatively short period of time.
This independent society of nursing science promotes, supports and advances the discourse in the scientific discipline. Its members feel obligated to ensure the pluralism of the philosophy of science and methodology and convey new knowledge to the public.
The German Society for Nursing Science promotes and supports:
- Projects in research and development in nursing science
- Dissemination and transfer of knowledge in nursing science
- The disciplinary and interdisciplinary discourse in by means of conferences, publications and lectures
- Young researchers in the field of nursing science
- The discourse regarding nursing science between national and international institutions and boards
- The influence of nursing science in the social discourse by publishing expert statements regarding political issues in the field of health and nursing.
The German Society for Nursing Science is a member of
- the German Network of Health Care Research
- the German Society of Public Health
- the Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany (AWMF)
It takes part in national, international, discipline-specific and trans-professional projects, and is a member of working teams, boards and committees dealing with the generation, dissemination and implementation of nursing and health knowledge. It prepares statements and comments regarding political questions in the area of science, nursing, nursing education and health from the perspective of this specific discipline.
The German-language journal ‘Pflege und Gesellschaft’ (Nursing and Society) is the mouthpiece of the German Society for Nursing Science.